Sunday, December 11, 2005

things that irk me

Hello Merry Christmas. One of the things that irks me is having to silence my freedom of speech. If I were Jewish I would say Happy Hanukah, or African it would be happy Kwanzaa. Lets all be correct in all things. Our country was founded on freedom of speech and freedom to believe in what ever religion we want. But in the quest to be “politically correct” we have to become mindless robots without any say in how we teach our children; what we believe in and what our forefathers fought and died for. Today as I was Sam’s Warehouse, an older gentleman said “Happy Holidays” and I said Merry Christmas back. A large smile came over his face, and like two allies having a secret meeting, he said Merry Christmas back, then added Thank you. Is it a shame to be a Christian now days? Why does it cause so much trouble to show the Bible in public places? We sear an oath in court to tell the truth, even non Christians have to do this. All our laws are based on the Ten Commandments, our country has prospered and has grown so fast and has became the model that all countries are now aspiring to be. But without God, we are doomed. I believe in freedom of speech and religion. I will not stop you from practicing yours so don’t stop me in mine. Life is too short to have our rights trampled on.

1 comment:

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I could have written every word of this...you echo my beliefs. Well said.