Thursday, April 13, 2006

For My Mother

I am who I am because of you. The lessons you taught, the love you gave. You always there to mend the cuts and bruises of life. You, always believing in me and encouraging me to travel and see new things, experience life. You, never wanting me to be anything other then who I wanted to be. I didn’t truly know how special you were until I was grown and realized that you were more then the just giver of life. Mother you never asked for anything in return for your love, only to be loved. You always enjoyed long walks with us kids running about playing. In my youth you were always smiling and kept all our bad times inside. Only after I became a father did I know how poor were. How much you did, making three meals from two. Mending clothes to make them last. But you, dear mother never complained. If we really wanted something special you always seemed to find a way to make it happen. You gave so much when there was nothing for left for you. And still you did not complain. I wish every day I could have one more day with you, to tell you how much you mean to me. To tell you that I love you. But you have gone on to be with your mother. I take comfort in knowing that one day I too will come home to you. We can walk the streets of heaven, I will hold your hand in mine one more time. See your smile one more time. That would be what heaven is. Until then, please know I love you

Forever your son

1 comment:

Sue said...

Red, what a beautiful tribute to what sounds like a wonderful mother.... :) -- Here from Michele's today.